OwnSpy uses the location information on your Android mobile device to provide an estimate of your location. To estimate your location, your mobile device can access GPS satellites, Wi-Fi networks, and mobile networks. GPS provides the most accurate location information, but you’ll improve accuracy further if you also allow your device to access Wi-Fi and mobile networks.
To use Wi-Fi, you’ll need to make sure Wi-Fi is enabled on your device.
To enable location access on your device:
- On your mobile device, touch Settings*.
- Touch Location access*.
- Check the box to enable Access to my location.
- Check the box to enable GPS Satellites.When GPS Satellites is enabled, the GPS status icon displays at the top of your mobile device screen:
- Check the box to enable Wi-Fi & mobile network location.
To enable Wi-Fi:
- On your Android device, touch Settings*.
- Touch Wi-Fi*.When Wi-Fi is enabled, the Wi-Fi status icon displays at the top of your mobile device screen:
* The names of these options, menus, and menu items can vary by device. Refer to the documentation that came with your device.